Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification is intended for professionals who want to enter the Information Technology field. This certification assays the applicants in two aspects. 80% of the certification is on the basis of knowledge, while the remaining 20% assays the individual’s skills. Microsoft certifies that the applicant has a profound understanding of the IT fundamentals. MTA also allows professionals to explore different domains of IT, like hardware, software, and databases.
Importance of MTA certification for IT Professionals
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification has numerous benefits for IT professionals. Therefore, MTA Certification is vital to get when applying for a job in the IT field.
IT professionals should take MTA Certification because:
- The certification validates that the candidate possesses the required skills and knowledge in a specific IT segment.
- MTA certification is the best addition to the resume, which makes it more distinct.
- Applicants who have to achieve MTA certification will get recognition amongst management and will stand a higher probability of being selected for a job.
- Applicants with an MTA certification, own a better place among peers. Since they have such a solid foundation in the basic IT knowledge, these applicants often exceed those who don’t have the certification.
- Applicants who have taken the MTA certification have an advantage over others when it comes to experience, understanding, and skill.
Reasons to get Microsoft Technology Associate certification
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification ensures that aspiring IT professionals have a profound understanding of the fundamentals of Information Technology. The applicants are examined on their theoretical knowledge along with practical skills in areas like database design, software development, and operating systems.
The MTA certification helps the applicants to get hired by leading companies. Once hired, the professional can work better as compared to his/her co-workers who haven’t passed the MTA Certification exam. A good-performing professional will have better skills and will be more credible with regard to work with clients and colleagues. The management can be sure of professionals’ skills, capabilities, performance, work ethics, and result.
Popular MTA certifications
There are many certifications that applicants can opt for. These are the most popular of them:
Individuals involved in the management of the database can pursue this certification. To obtain it, the applicants need to pass exam 98–364: Database Fundamentals.
Applicants must pass one of the following exams to enter into commercial development positions:
- Exam 98–361: Software Development Fundamentals
- Exam 98–375: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Exam 98–380: Introduction to Programming Using Block-Based Languages
MTA IT Infrastructure
For those who want to work in cybersecurity, networking, management field can opt for one of these MTA certification exams:
- Exam 98–365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- Exam 98–367: Security Fundamentals
- Exam 98–366: Networking Fundamentals
- Exam 98–368: Mobility and Device Fundamentals
Applicants must prove their expertise in fundamental Windows operating system concepts in a Windows 10 environment. To obtain this certification, the 98–349 Windows Operating System Fundamentals exam is needed to pass.
How to become a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certified?
- MTA certification consists of several distinct subsets of modules. After choosing the module desired, the applicant must study thoroughly from various study materials available.
- The next step is to buy an MTA voucher. The exam cannot be taken without one.
- On receiving the voucher number, the applicants must register themselves for MTA certification. At the time of the registration process, applicants are expected to fill in a date and time when they will take the exam. Using the Certiport locator, the applicants must also assure that they pick a convenient location to take the test.
- Once the applicants have selected their desired date, time, and place of the exam, they need to appear for the exam. However, the applicants should be aware that they are needed to carry their valid student ID. The individuals should also bring a valid photo ID, a fee of 20 USD, and the issued voucher.
- The exam lasts for about 60 minutes. The applicants are scored based on the number of correct answers. The scores can be obtained after the completion of the exam.
- Successful applicants are mailed an official Microsoft Technology Associate Certification and ID after four weeks of the exam.
Simple Tips for passing MTA certification exams
Taking MTA exams can be quite a task for many aspirants. However, following some simple tips will make preparation much simpler:
- Understand the syllabus and the type of questions asked
- Find a trustworthy, authentic source of information that you can take as a study guide
- Make notes to make revision more convenient
- Take mock tests to perceive where you stand
- Manage your time well — it will assure completion of the exam and will maximize the final score
- Lastly, do not get confused or nervous before the exam. Go in for the test with a cool and composed mind.
Future Opportunities with MTA Certification
MTA certified individuals can receive to $65,821 in their future jobs. From Mobile Application Developer to a System Analyst, MTA opens up a lot of opportunities for the applicants.
Microsoft Technology Associate certification will definitely help you to enhance your skills as well as technical ability. All the applicants who are interested in Computer Science or related fields should get this certification. And for sure, MTA is the first step to the further MCSA: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certifications.