In this digital era, people are straightforward to communicate and share information. In simple words, it has become easy to connect from one person to another. Presently, business groups can easily send data with one click through emails; thereby, they can quickly communicate with their customers/clients/employees, etc. The transformation of a huge amount of data has become significantly simplified; now, it can be easily transferred on a global scale. Hence, there is also a risk factor for all organizations, and hacking is one of them. So, the organizations should pressure on security methods to secure their data from malicious hackers.
IT security plays a predominant role in organizations as digital devices, and cloud computing has revolutionized the way people do business. With the huge amount of data stored and transmitted in networks around the world, it is important to have powerful security practices. That’s where the CompTIA Security+ certification comes in. The core purpose of this certification is to prove one’s skills in securing a network and identifying hackers.
CompTIA Security+ is an internationally trusted certification for validating fundamental, vendor-independent knowledge and expertise in IT security. The certification includes the basic principles of risk management and network security, making it an important step in the IT security career. It concentrates on the secure management of devices, applications, and networking. In addition to this, the certification also deals with the following paths:
- Technique mitigation
- Risk Mitigations activities
- Threat analysis
CompTIA Security+ Exams: Overview
The Security+ certification is associated with one exam, SY0–501. It comprises of 90 multiple-choice and performance-based questions that need to be answered within 90 minutes. This reveals that you have one minute for each question. The passing score is 750 (the scale of 100–900). The prerequisites for these exams are the valid CompTIA Network+ certification along with two years of work experience as an IT Administrator.
The CompTIA Security+ exams will help new students gain the essential knowledge to be able to configure, install, and secure their devices, networks, and applications, and also carry out threat analysis. After passing this examination, the freshers will easily manage more principles of confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility.
Successful applicants should also have the following knowledge and skills:
- Proving infrastructure
- Identification of risk
- Participation in risk and mitigation activities
- Identification of appropriated products and technologies
- Troubleshooting of security incidents and events
- Providing application, operational security, application, and information
- Operating with an awareness of applicable laws and regulations
CompTIA Security+ Exams: Objectives
The objectives of the SY0–501 exams can be best known accordingly through domains.
- Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities (21%)
- Technologies and Tools (22%)
- Architecture and Design (15%)
- Identity and Access Management (16%)
- Risk Management (14%)
- Cryptography and PKI (12%)
Tips for a Successful Preparation of CompTIA Security+ Exam
The first thing you need to do before start writing the exam, read the given questions carefully.
- Try to avoid questions that do not make sense.
- Understand the keyword mentioned in the question.
- Draw your attention to the vocabulary.
- Decide two answers to one question before writing.
- Try to carry out rational deductions.
Related Article: Getting Ready for CompTIA Security+ Certification: Study Tips
- Might be a few answers that could strike your mind, but you should always know which answer is wrong.
- Count on every answer as you read the question.
- Never leave any answer blank. If you are not able to answer any question, then do one thing, leave some space for it and move to the next question. You can get back to it after some time and attend that question later on if you have time, but don’t spend more time in just thing for the question that you aren’t ready to get the answer.
- Do not try to change your answer; at least you are sure that you aren’t wrong.
- If the answer is clear, then also don’t take too much time thinking that you may write or not. Just start writing the answer if you are sure about some questions.
Benefits of CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam
Although, now you are familiar with the exam structure and its objectives, let’s explore the benefits of CompTIA Security+ certification:
- You can get an opportunity to work with persistent foundations in the IT field.
- Furthermore, CompTIA Security+ certification opens the door to plenty of career opportunities.
- Also, you may get a prospect of promotion and a salary increase in any IT organization.
- This CompTIA certification may benefit you with a strong resume.
- It may equip you with a plethora of credibility to get employment.