CompTIA is providing IT certification for various profiles like servers, security, network, etc. CompTIA Linux+ certification is an excellent certificate incorporate for Linux beginners.
CompTIA becomes a partner of Linux Professional Institute (LPI) and updated Linux+ certification, which replaced CompTIA’s first Linux+ certification in 2010.
The Linux+ certification includes the Linux Operating system, Installation of OS, and essential operation on Linux for managing files, network, and system admin work.
CompTIA’s Linux+ certification proves competency in the basic skills and expertise of Linux. With Linux being the core operating system for much of the world’s IT infrastructure, Linux+ is an essential certification for individuals working in IT, especially those on the path of a Web and software development career.
Three Significant Reasons You Need to Have the CompTIA Linux+ Certification on Your CV:
- Your profile receives the respect it deserves — Not only the skills would help you get approved, obtaining a top-notch certification from CompTIA is the best way to prove your expertise, skills, and knowledge to a future employer.
- You Can Work with any Company — Again, this is the most vital advantage of earning any CompTIA certification. As these are vendor-neutral certifications, you can work with any IT organizations from across the world.
- It Confirms You’re Sincere — Acquiring an outstanding certification is an investment in your career. Think about it, when you go for an interview, you will feel a lot more comfortable, if you have an industry-leading name like on CompTIA to support the skills on your resume.
Linux+ Certification — Timeless Certification
The Linux job postings in earlier days were restricted to ‘complete background with computers and programming.’ However, that’s not the issue these days.
Today, if you explore an IT job that needs Linux skills, the very first words of the job posting would state, ‘Require a Certified Individual.’ In most situations, even if you have a strong background in IT, the hiring manager would favor a certified person. A certified professional is expected to be skilled. It inevitably makes the resume better and appealing.
By looking at CompTIA Linux+ certification on someone’s resume, the hiring managers can instantly take out the real applicants from the group. So, if you are determined to get certified, give a compliment to yourself. You’re going in the right direction!
How to Get CompTIA Linux+ Certified?
Becoming CompTIA Linux+ certified is your primary concern. For that, you will require proper motivation as passing the XK0–004 exam is not a cakewalk. To pass the CompTIA XK0–004 exam, you need proper resources that will make your XK0–004 preparation easy.
- To become certified as CompTIA Linux+. The first thing you require to do is have some fundamental knowledge about XK0–004 exam. Companies that want to hire you will want to see your certification in CompTIA Linux+. Certification is a stamp of evidence that you know your work as a CompTIA Linux+ professional.
- The XK0–004 exam is designed in a way that the applicants will have to answer 90 questions within 90 minutes. The questions are fill in the blanks and multiple-choice models. To crack this certification exam, an applicant must obtain a minimum point mark of 720. Moreover, the exam is taken in many languages, such as English, Portuguese, French, and Chinese.
- Passing the XK0–004 exams is not an easy task, and this demands lots of sacrifice at some point. Passing this Linux Plus exam will help you proceed towards the higher-level Linux certification exams. So here are some tips to follow for your exam preparation:
- Make sure you study regularly. This will help you include a lot of fundamental topics and also keep things crisp in your brain.
- Get the CompTIA Linux+ study guide to help you prepare a good study plan for yourself. This will allow you to understand the topics better.
- Take advantage of the available online resources such as CompTIA Linux+ practice tests and quizzes to measure your learning.
- Start an early exam preparation to give yourself plenty of time to incorporate much studying foundation. Early preparations will help you get ready for the exam with the least pressure.
- Should you get stuck or face difficulties, always ask help from colleagues or experienced professionals. This will allow you to grasp a lot of things.
- Outline your weak areas and give them sufficient time on your study plan so that you are comfortable managing them with the least pressure.
- Always learn to make short notes so that you can easily do revision.
- Make sure that you do not frighten and just be confident before, during, and after your CompTIA Linux+ exam. Pray for the exam and concentrate on you and you alone, and do not get involved in any distractions.
- If you fail on Linux+ exam at the first try, then there is a chance to retake the exam. But for that, you will be needed to pay for the exam fee again.
Secrets to Conquer CompTIA Certifications:
From a personal perspective, CompTIA exams can be very daunting and energy-draining, but it is part of life. Exams are what allow us to move to higher levels at various stages of life. So it is essential always to try to give our very best all the time. This needs good concentration and thorough preparations each time.