CompTIA CASP+ Certification Opens Door to Thriving Career in Cybersecurity
The demand for security experts is increasing with time because security professionals are important for secure interactions and communications in the digital world. CompTIA CASP+ confirms the mastery-level cybersecurity skills that are in great demand in all industries.
It’s a well-known fact that cybersecurity is an ever-evolving field. As the demand for cyber IT specialists is growing, ensuring experts have the appropriate skills has been the biggest challenge. That’s where the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification comes in. This CAS-003 certification designed to evaluate enterprise cybersecurity skills, CompTIA CASP+ certification can be an amazing asset for an IT professional contemplating to advance their IT career.
CompTIA CASP+ Certification Overview
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is a vendor-neutral certification. The CASP+ CAS-003 certification is a globally focused confirmation of advanced-level security expertise and skills. The CASP+ certification certifies advanced-level skill in the following areas:
- Risk Management
- Enterprise Security Architecture
- Enterprise Security Operations
- Technical Integration of Enterprise Security
- Research, Development, and Collaboration
Successful CompTIA CASP+ applicants will have the essential knowledge required to:
- Enterprise Security domain developed to cover operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- More concentrate on analyzing risk by interpreting trend data and predicting cyberdefense requirements to satisfy business goals
- Broadening security control topics to incorporate Mobile and small form factor devices, along with software vulnerability
- Comprehensive application of integrating virtualization and cloud technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of executing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
CompTIA CASP+ is keeping with ISO 17024 standards and confirmed by the US DoD to satisfy directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Government and Regulators rely on ANSI certification as it draws trust and confidence in the amounts of a recognized certification.
CompTIA CASP+ Exam Details
Applicants who want to earn CASP+ certification requires to pass only a single exam CAS-003 to become CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner. CompTIA CAS-003 exam is similar to any other CompTIA exam, and you will have to study hard to crack it.
- The CAS-003 exam comprises 90 questions, which are of multiple choice and performance-based type of questions.
- The time given to finish the exam is 165 minutes.
- The experience recommended for the CASP+ certification is at least ten years in IT administration and five years of technical security experience.
Importance of CompTIA CASP+ Certification:
If you want to upgrade your IT resume with an advanced skill set, consider CompTIA CASP+ certification. CASP is acknowledged by the US Department of Defense, Dell, and HP security professionals as CASP shows the ability to conceptualize, design, and engineer protected solutions within complex enterprise environments abilities that are in excessive demand.
Jobs You Can Get with CompTIA CASP+ Certification
Several cybersecurity-related positions would benefit from achieving the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification. All of these positions are senior-level or managerial because of the complexity and content of the CASP+ exam.
If you are currently or are aiming to be any of the career positions listed below, the CompTIA CASP+ is a must-have certification for you:
- Cybersecurity Engineer: Cybersecurity Engineers are professionals that are liable for the security facets of critical systems of an organization.
- Cybersecurity Manager: A manager is leading a team of cybersecurity professionals, such as cybersecurity engineers or analysts.
- Senior IT Manager: A manager accountable for a team of IT managers, which may or may not involve security personnel.
- Cybersecurity Consultant: A cybersecurity professional that presents contracted consulting or professional assistance to organizations.
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO): CISOs are executive-level profiles that are responsible for the complete security aspects of an organization.
- Chief Information Officer (CIO): CIOs are also executive-level jobs that are responsible for all information technology aspects of an organization, which may or may not cover security, on the basis of whether there is also a CISO within the organization.
- Senior Cybersecurity Analyst: SCAs perform high-level defensive cybersecurity profession for their organizations to assure systems and assets are secured.
Why Get CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Certification?
- High Demand: CompTIA CASP+ confirms the mastery-level cybersecurity abilities that are in huge demand over all industries.
- Recognized Globally: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification is accepted universally all across the globe.
- Vendor-Neutral: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS+P) is a vendor-neutral certification.
- Salary Benefits: According to a survey, CompTIA CASP+ certified Professionals can receive an average salary of $91,237.
At the End
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification qualifies IT, security professionals, with the best means by which they can prove their expertise in cybersecurity. The eligibility requirements for the CAS-003 exam indicates that only practicing IT administrators and cybersecurity specialists can achieve this certification, making it very sought after and a good sign for potential employers to take into account when vetting potential future employees.
Achieving CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner or CASP certified opens so several career opportunities for CASP certified professionals.